Microsoft says November was the best month for consumer Surface sales, by volume. Microsoft’s list excludes the Surface Hub electronic whiteboard. The Surface Studio and Surface Book are included in the numbers. The former is Microsoft’s new iMac alternative, meant for creators, which went up in November.
Microsoft credited disappointment over Apple’s new Macbook for the success of its Surface series. “It seems a new review recommending Surface over Macbook comes out daily,” said the company in a blog post.
Apple’s new Macbook has indeed taken flak from consumers and reviewers alike, who didn’t find the Touch Bar to be fruitful innovation. In addition, the company’s high prices for its newest devices, do surely play a role as well. While Microsoft’s Surface devices aren’t particularly cheap either, they have suddenly become the more obvious choice, especially for professionals.
In fact, Apple’s newest innovations have been said to mark a move away from creative professionals, which has always been a big base for the company. Microsoft on the other hand, had been successful with its Surface tablet over time, and the Surface Book, launched earlier this year, had also received much accolades. However, Microsoft hasn’t received more praise in recent times, than it did for the Surface Studio recently.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015