Microsoft introduced a new Universal Mobile Keyboard that can be paired with Android devices, iPhones, iPads and Windows tablets that are 10mm or thinner. It will be available in October and will be priced at for $79.95.
Microsoft says that the Universal Mobile Keyboard offers support for each platform's unique keys, like Windows Control key, iOS Command key and Android Home Button. It uses Bluetooth to connect to the various tablets and phones it supports and can be paired with up to three devices at a time running different operating systems. The keyboard comes with a rechargeable battery which according to Microsoft's claims, can provide up to 6 months of usage on a single charge. The company claims that a 10 minute charge is enough to provide power for “a full day’s work.” Microsoft has packed the keyboard with a protective cover and a built-in stand to hold users' tablets or smart phones.
Surprisingly the keyboard doesn't work with Windows Phone as the OS doesn't support the Bluetooth Human Interface Device (HID) keyboard protocol. It comes with a three-year limited warranty and will be available across Microsoft's stores as well as through various other retailers in black and grey color variants. The Universal Keyboard will be launched first in the U.S. and Canada and according to Microsoft will be "coming to additional markets soon."
Microsoft is planning to unveil its the next version of Windows on 30th September at an event in San Francisco. The internet giant has already send out invites for the event which reads, " "Join us to hear what's next for Windows and the enterprise." Windows 9 is expected to have a new interface as well as a host of new features. Also Read: Microsoft plans low-cost handsets to compete with Android One
Source: Microsoft Blog
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015