MediaTek has announced new 64-bit mobile system on chip (SoC), MT6735, incorporating the modem and RF needs of wireless operators globally. The unified mobile platform with enable customers to develop on the MT6735 and sell mobile devices globally. The platform would be launched commercially in devices in Q2 of 2015.
Mediatek says that the MT6735 Mainstream WorldMode Smartphone Platform will ensure better performing devices at a "mid-range" price point by integrating four 64-bit ARM quad-core 1.5GHz Cortex-A53 processors into one tool. The platform comes with an ARM Mali-T720 GPU, LTE modem with Comprehensive RF support (B1 to B41) and dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity. MediaTek stated that it sees a "continued consolidation of smartphones" into a large mid-range market it likes to call "the super mid-market".
The MT6735 Soc platform will help in reducing R&D cost savings and economies of scale in manufacturing. The platform builds up on MediaTek’s existing line-up of mainstream LTE platforms by adding the critical WorldMode modem capability. Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of the MediaTek Smartphone Business Unit stated, “The MT6735 is a breakthrough product from MediaTek. With CDMA2000, we offer global reach, driving high performance technology into the hands of users everywhere. We also strongly believe that as LTE becomes mainstream in all markets, the processing power must be consistently high to ensure the best possible user experience. That's why 64-bit CPUs and CorePilot technology are standard features across all of our LTE solutions."
“MediaTek wants to make the world a more inclusive place, where the best, fully-connected user experiences do not mean expensive. We are committed to creating powerful devices that accelerate the transformation of the global market and strive to put high-quality technology in the hands of everyone,” said Johan Lodenius, Chief Marketing Officer for MediaTek. Read: MediaTek brings MT6595 4G LTE octacore SoC in India
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015