LeEco has appointed Anthony Gao as its President of LeEco Asia-Pacific Region (APAC) and CEO of LeEco Hong Kong. He currently heads the company’s VR and AR, as well as Made for LeEco (MFL), which is the company’s initiative for open smart ecosystem. Further, the company also announced that it secured a $600 million funding from major Chinese institutional investors.
Read the complete press release below
Leading global internet and technology conglomerate LeEco has swiftly implemented its upgraded strategy by appointing a new top executive for Asia-Pacific region while receiving major financial support from investors.
Mr. Anthony Gao (Gao Jun), newly appointed President of LeEco APAC and CEO of LeEco Hong Kong
Mr. Anthony Gao (Gao Jun) will assume the position of President of LeEco APAC, concurrently the Chief Executive Officer of LeEco Hong Kong. Responsible for operational management and meeting various business targets, Gao will report directly to Mr. YT Jia, Founder and CEO of LeEco Global.
Mr. Gao has extensive experience in the technology industry. Before joining LeEco, Gao spent 17 years in Huawei in various senior executive positions including CEO of Huawei Device in China, President of Global Sales and Technical Service Department, and President of Global Strategy and Marketing Department.
Gao currently heads LeEco’s VR and AR company as well as MFL (Made for LeEco), LeEco’s initiative for open smart hardware ecosystem. His leadership in these businesses will remain.
On the financing front, LeEco has secured a US$600 million of funding from major Chinese institutional investors today. The first half of the funding will be transferred to LeEco within this November and will support LeEco Global and LeEco’s electric vehicle business.
LeEco is undergoing a series of strategic and organizational upgrades as it enters the second phase of its strategy, where the focus shifted from aggressive expansion to positive and sustainable growth and acquisition of high value user.
“Although there are doubts surrounding LeEco, true innovative entrepreneurs can see the investment value of LeEco and its enormous growth potential in the future,” said Hank Liu Hong, Co-Founder and Vice Chairman of LeEco.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015