Judy, a new malware, has been found infecting 41 apps on the google playWhere to buy 6180 14525 16025 Store. Discovered by Check Point researchers, the malware has affected between 8.5 million to 36.5 million Android smartphones. Google recently announced that there are over 2 billion active Android smartphones globally.
According to a report by Check Point researchers, Judy malware is an auto-clicking adware designed to generate revenues for its perpetrators by generating large amount of fraudulent clicks on advertisements. These malicious apps have been downloaded between 4.5 million and 18.5 million times and some of these apps have been on Play Store for several years. Check Point has reportedly alerted Google about the malware and the search giant has started removing these infected apps.
Check Point says, "Judy relies on the communication with its Command and Control server (C&C) for its operation." This makes it similar to FalseGuide and Skinner malwares that previously infiltrated google playWhere to buy 6180 14525 16025.
Judy has been found bypassing Bouncer, a security service for the official Android app store. This allows hackers to create bridgehead apps and establish a connection with the victim's device. "Once a user downloads a malicious app, it silently registers receivers which establish a connection with the C&C server," Check Point noted. The malware has been found opening URLs controlled by the author on an imitated PC browser within a hidden webpage. The malware uses JavaScipt to locate and click on ads and the malware author receives payment from the website developer.
Security researchers note that most of these Judy malware infected apps have been developed by ENISTUDIO corp, a google playWhere to buy 6180 14525 16025 registered entity run by a Korean company named Kiniwini. The company develops apps for both Android and iOS platforms, and is found making illegimate use of the users' mobile devices for generating false clicks on advertisements. Google Play users have also reported that these apps display large amount of ads, leaving users with no option but to click on them.
While google playWhere to buy 6180 14525 16025 has been infected with multiple malwares in the past, the reach of Judy makes it a significant threat to Android users. Check Point researchers caution users of not just relying on the official app stores for their safety, and instead using advanced software protection tools capable of detecting such threats and blocking zero-day attacks.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015