The overall PC shipments in India for Q2 2016 stands at 2.14 million units, according to a report by IDC. While this figure is a 7.2 percent increase over Q1 2016, there is a year-on-year decline of 2.2 percent over Q2 2015. Further, the overall consumer PC market in the country recorded 1.05 million unit shipments, with a 14.5 percent growth over Q1 2016. The commercial PC market had 1.09 million unit shipments in India in Q2 2016, which is a 1.1 percent quarter-on-quarter increase as compared to Q1 2016.
IDC’s report also noted that HP Inc., Dell and Lenovo were the top three vendors in the Indian PC market. As per the report, HP is on top with an overall market share of 28.4 percent in the country, recording 3.4 percent growth as compared to Q1 2016. Commenting on IDC’s report, Ketan Patel, Director, Personal Systems, HP Inc. India said, “We are extremely pleased with the numbers for the second quarter and we take this opportunity to thank our valued customers & partners who have reaffirmed their faith on our principle of creating best in class customer experience. Our reinvented focus on enabling Digital Transformation has helped us sustain the market leadership and providing access to technology for consumers and businesses through innovative products and solutions is a testament to our commitment towards India.”
Dell and Lenovo took the second and third spots respectively. Dell now has an overall PC market share of 22.2 percent, while Lenovo has a market share of 16.1 percent.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015