Xiaomi’s Global Vice President, Hugo Barra, has tweeted that the company will be a part of Google I/O. In the tweet he said, “Beyond thrilled to share that Xiaomi will be a part of Google I/O. A sneak peek of what you'll see from Mi at #io16.” The accompanying image seems to show the volume button of a remote control along with a click wheel. The buttons resemble those found on the remote for Xiaomi’s Mi Box TV. It is speculated that the company unveil a new Mi Box, or maybe even Mi TV that is powered by Google’s Android TV OS.
The Mi Box is Xiaomi’s set-top box that allows users to view content from streaming apps from Android, iOS or the PC. The device is powered by a 1.5GHz Cortex-A9 dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM and runs a forked version of Android v4.2. However, the Mi Box as well as the Mi TVs are currently only available in China. Google I/O is scheduled to begin tomorrow and we will learn more about what Xiaomi has in store for us at the event. Besides Xiaomi’s announcement, Google is also expected to unveil its new Android N OS, as well as an upgraded variant of the Nexus 6P at the event.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015