Hugo Barra will join Facebook's to lead its virtual realityWhere to buy 850 999 1800 efforts, including Oculus. The announcement comes from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who posted VR avatars of him with Barra. Barra recently announced that he is leaving Xiaomi due to homesickness and desire to return back to Silicon Valley.
At Facebook, Barra's title will be 'VP of virtual realityWhere to buy 850 999 1800' and he will lead the team responsible for developing the future of its VR content experience. Before joining Xiaomi in 2013, Hugo Barra was responsible for Google's Android operating system. Barra has been responsible for introduction of multiple Nexus devices and different versions of Android operating system in the past, when he was the head of the Android team for Google.
Lately, Oculus has seen few a shakeups in management roles, with co-founder Brendan Iribe stepping down to the PC-based VR division and company founder Palmer Luckey going incommunicado for a really long time. With Barra in, Oculus should be back in the news for new product announcements and he may be responsible for bringing 'Santa Cruz' out of the prototype stage.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015