Not everyone can afford the mini-BB-8 droid from Star Wars that we all recently saw. Neither can all of us afford the life-sized version. But Lego is a different story. Designers Mark Smiley and Artbot 138 (name unknown) have designed a BB-8 Droid made completely out of Lego bricks. They used the Lego Ideas tool to submit a fan design of the newest droid in the Star Wars saga. If you’re wondering, it does roll, using a mechanism, also made out of lego bricks. Check out the video below.
As you can see in the video, the droid has to be run manually, and it uses Lego magnets to keep the droid’s head attached to its body. There are even attachments for the thumbs up torch and electric zapper. If 10,000 people sign on to the project within 540 days, it will be sent to Lego Designers for review. It’s looking good right now, with nearly 2500 people already on board (at the time of writing this story). If approved by the Lego Designers, there may be an actual kit to make the new Star Wars droid that you will be able to buy.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015