The Government of Jharkhand has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microsoft. Under this MoU, Microsoft will help support the state government explore cloud, machine learning and mobile based solutions to improve citizen services and provide better facilities in the fields of education and agriculture.
Read the complete press release below
The Government of Jharkhand signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microsoft India at the ‘Momentum Jharkhand: Global Investors’ Summit & Trade Exhibition’ today to leverage cloud technologies to drive the state’s digital ambitions. Under this MoU, Microsoft will support the state government to explore cloud, machine learning and mobile based solutions to improve citizen services and provide better facilities in the fields of education and agriculture.
The Government of Jharkhand has been using an advanced IT infrastructure to provide citizen services and aggressively driving technology led programmes such as Skill India and Digital India. Today’s MoU with Microsoft will help the Government access the best of Microsoft’s technology and expertise for the improvement of digital services to citizens and drive digital inclusion in the state.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri. Umesh Prasad Sah, Director - IT, Department of IT and e-governance, Government of Jharkhand, said, “Microsoft will work with the Government of Jharkhand to support the development of cloud and mobile-based solutions and support the use of machine learning and advanced visualization to help solve challenges in the fields of agriculture and education.”
Commenting on this association, Sanjeev Gupta, Country General Manager – Public Sector, Microsoft India, said, “Over the past year we have experimented with cloud, mobile and machine learning based solutions for better citizen connect as well as to help students and farmers in India. We are happy to bring the power of Microsoft cloud technologies, machine learning and data analytics to the State of Jharkhand. We look forward to supporting the Government of Jharkhand in its effort to enhance citizen services and drive digital inclusion.”
Microsoft has been working closely with several state governments in India to support their digital infrastructure, enhance their citizen services and drive efficiencies in their administrative and governance operations.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015