Google is planning to introduce a new Chromebook Pixel laptop alongside the 2017 Pixel smartphones this fall. According to Android Police, Google's October hardware event will see the launch of an all new Chromebook with Pixel branding and a miniature version of its Google Home Smart Speaker.
The report notes that this new Pixel-branded Chromebook could be based on Google's Project Bison, which made an appearance last year. While Project Bison was said to be a notebook-type device running a modified version of Android called Andromeda, this device is confirmed to run chrome osWhere to buy 16858 19999 20000. Google's Project Bison was expected to rival Microsoft Surface Pro and Apple's MacBook with a 12.3-inch display, up to 16GB RAM and option for either 32GB or 128GB storage. The device was also expected to offer support for Wacom stylus that will be available separately.
Project Bison was initially detailed to sport a 360-degree hinge for a convertible design and measure under 10mm in thickness. This new Chromebook Pixel may be an entirely new product and not based on Bison. Google has not refreshed Chromebook Pixel for over two years and this new product could put Google in the space dominated by Microsoft and Apple.
Android Police also adds that the search giant will introduce a miniature version of its Google Home smart speaker. The device could be Google's direct competitor to Amazon's best-selling Echo Dot connected speaker. There is no clarity on its features or pricing just yet but it could be Google's effort to proliferate further into the smart speaker segment.
At its October event, Google will unveil the second generation Pixel smartphones. The smaller Pixel 2 is said to be made by HTC while the larger Pixel XL 2 will be made by LG this time. Only the Pixel XL 2 is expected to feature bezel-less design and the Pixel 2 will stick to existing design language. Both the smartphones are said to run on Android 8.0 Oreo and ditch the 3.5mm audio jack. They will also not jump to the dual camera bandwagon.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015