Google CEO Sundar Pichai has announced the dates for Google’s annual I/O event. This year, I/O will take place from May 18 to 20, at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California. On his official Google Plus page, Sundar Pichai said, “Exciting news: we’re only 18 weeks away from Google I/O! 2016 is going to be a special year for us -- we held our first developer day 10 years ago at the Googleplex. To celebrate our 10th anniversary of developer gatherings, we’ll be hosting I/O in our backyard at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA from May 18th - 20th. We’ll have 3 full days together to dive deep into developer content, code labs, and more. If you can’t make it in person, you can still join us via I/O Live and through an I/O Extended event in your local community. Stay tuned to #io16 and +GoogleDevelopers in the coming weeks for more details.”
Developers aren’t the only ones that need to be excited for Google I/O. The massive tech conference has been house to a number of exciting announcements. In 2015’s Google I/O, we saw the launch the Android M OS, Android Pay and the introduction of the Nexus Imprint, Google’s own take of the fingerprint sensor housed in a smartphone, alongside myriad other announcements that affect the consumers directly. In past years, we have seen the announcement of Nexus smartphones and tablets, along with other Google hardware like Google Glass, Chromecast, Chromebook and more, from Google I/O.
So, what’s in store for Google I/O this year? Well, to begin with, the Project Tango smartphone in partnership with Lenovo has been making news lately, and we may expect to see its launch at Google I/O 2016. There have been talks of Project Loon starting in India, and we hope to hear more about the same at the event. There is also the possibility that Google will show off some of the features we can expect from the upcoming Android N OS. Like Sundar Pichai said, we are only “18 weeks away from Google I/O," and there are a lot of speculations and leaks that can happen in 18 weeks.
Source: Google Plus
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015