Google is sending out invites for a January 4 event titled “Digitally Unlocked”. Google CEO, Sundar Pichai will be present at the event, which will also be presided by the Union Minister of Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad. Prasad is expected to deliver a keynote address on upgrading skills and embracing technology to drive SME growth in India. In addition, the event will also see VP and MD of Google South-East Asia, Rajan Anandan highlight the importance of India’s SMB ecosystem. Anandan is also a serial startup investor and has made early-stage investments in many Indian tech startups.
At the event, pichai is expected to launch the Digital Unlocked platform, which is aimed at helping small and medium businesses.
Google has announced various digital initiatives in partnership with the Government of India in 2016. Just recently, Google India and the Ministry of Consumer Affairs announced a nationwide ‘Digital Safe Consumer’ campaign. The campaign is a part of a larger effort to better protect consumer interests online. This is a year long campaign, which will provide training and information on online safety tools. Back in July, Google had also launched the Android Skilling Program to train 2 million developers in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015