Google calls this as an initiative "For Star Wars fans, old & new." The company has joined forces with Lucasfilm and Disney to build google.com/starwars. Its a place for all Star Wars fans to unite their fantasy with the Google products that they use. Fans can choose between the 'Dark Side' or the 'Light Side', which will then turn on the Star Wars feature on their favourite Google apps like Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube and Chrome.The feature provides cool themes for the Google app of your choice and on visiting the webpage, users are prompted to choose the apps they would like to enable the feature on.
For Gmail, your loading bar appears as a saber lighting up as your inbox loads. The Star Wars theme then becomes a background for your inbox. Similar transformations happen on other Google apps and services. Users can also change sides at any given time by dragging their avatars to the preferred side on the Google-Star Wars' webpage. Once the feature is turned on, it may take a couple of hours before the force awakens on all your Google apps, so don't be disappointed if you click on Google Maps and it doesn't give you directions to a 'galaxy far away'.
"And that's just the beginning," says Google. The company has also teased that between now and the opening night of Star wars: The Force Awakens, "The Millennium Falcon in all its (virtual Reality) glory" will come to life. Google has also hidden a few Easter eggs for users to find around their apps and services and has challenegd users to "awaken the Force within, and be on the lookout for things from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…"
Watch this cool video by Google and choose your side wisely, we say.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures