With India’s 70th Independence Day approaching, online retailer Flipkart has announced that it will be holding a special shopping festival to mark the event. Called The Big Freedom Sale, the event will be held from August 9 to 11 and will see the retailer offer discounts on a range of products including smartphones, laptops and more.
The company has already confirmed the discounts that will be available on some of the products, the final price on most of the items is still unknown. The Lenovo K6 Power, gets a discount of Rs 1,000, and those interested can pick up the phone for Rs. 8,999. Similarly, the Lenovo K5 Note, which is listed at Rs 12,499, will be available at Rs 9,999.
As far as premium devices so, the Google Pixel will be available at Rs 48,999. The Apple iPhone 6 32GB variant will also be available at a discount, but the final price is not yet known. However, it will cost less than Rs 29,500.
Other electronic gadgets that will be on discount include Intel Core i3 powered laptops, Canon 1300D DSLR, Skullcandy headphones and more. Further, Flipkart will also be holding a 72 hour sale on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 in which buyers will get an extra Rs 1,000 off over regular exchange value.
Those with HDFC debit or credit cards will get an extra 10% off and Flipkart will also offer spotlight deals every hour. It should also be noted that Amazon will be holding its own Great Indian Sale from August 9 to August 12.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015