Flipkart has temporarily halted the same day delivery and the in-a-day delivery service for its Flipkart First customers. The company has done so due to high number of deliveries which are to be made after the big Monday sale on Flipkart. Flipkart has assured that normal services will be resumed as soon as possible.
Due to the over-whelming response we got on the Big Billion Day, our delivery team is working round the clock to ensure every customer receives their products in a reasonable amount of time.
Given the sheer volume of deliveries, we have turned off our In-a-day Guarantee and Same Day Guarantee services temporarily. We apologize if this has caused any inconvenience and will bring back the services as soon as we can.
Flipkart recently apologised publicly on its website and via email, and confessed that it was unable to predict the sheer enormity of the response to the sale. After the Monday sale Flipkart has left many angry retailers and customers. Users were swarmed with page errors, out of stock issues and last moment cancellations.
During the Big Billion sale on Monday Flipkart was able to make Rs.600 crore in 10 hours and the e-commerce giant has hinted that it will conduct more sales in the future and will try to be better equipped.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015