Facebook has announced its annual Year in Review - a set of topics and videos that were discussed the most on the social networking platform. It doesn't come as a surprise that 'US Presidential Election' was the most talked about topic globally.
In India, Diwali pipped Cricket and Uri attacks as the most discussed topic. Facebook says India has 166 million monthly active users with 159 million of them accessing the platform on a mobile device. 85 million people access Facebook daily and 81 million people do on a mobile device. Facebook is becoming the go to platform for not just conversation but also for news and breaking stories.
Apart from US Presidential Election, Facebook saw huge interest in Brazilian Politics and Pokemon Go among it users globally. 2016 started on a sad note with the death of David Bowie and Muhammad Ali in June. David Bowie and Muhammad Ali were the top 10 discussed topics on Facebook. Here is a look at what did trend on Facebook in 2016:
Top 10 most talked about topics from India in 2016Where to buy 18990 on Facebook:
3. Uri attacks and surgical attacks
4. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Movie)
5. Hardwell (India Tour)
6. Priyanka Chopra
7. Rio Olympics
8. Pokemon Go
10. iPhone 7 launch
Global Top Moments on Facebook
1. US Presidential Election
2. Brazilian Politics
3. Pokemon Go
4. Black Lives Matter
5. Rodrigo Duterte & Philippine Presidential Election
8. Super Bowl
9. David Bowie
10. Muhammad Ali
Facebook has been openly admitting that video is the next big thing on the social media platform. This year, the company is also announcing top live videos and no prizes for guessing that Candace Payne's Chewbacca Mom had the maximum views among live videos globally. Other prominent live videos include Buzzfeed's Countdown to the next presidential election and NBC News' Election results.
Facebook says Marine Drive was the most instagrammed location in India followed by Taj Mahal and Hauz Khas Village. The most used hashtags include #love, #instagood and #fun. Instagram saw maximum activity in India on the day of Diwali i.e. October 30. Instagram also saw more pictures shared on Children's Day and Dussehra.
For users, Facebook is also rolling out Year In Review videos visible on their timeline. The Year in Review video can also be viewed by clicking on this link.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015