Dubai has opened what it claims to be world’s first 3D-printed office building. Located in the centre of the city, this office will be the temporary headquarters of the Dubai Future Foundation, which is the company behind this project as well. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed, the Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai inaugurated the building on Tuesday.
The office was built in 17 days and cost $140,000. It only took one 3d printing specialist, seven men to perform installations and ten electricians. It has one-storey, with a floor space of 250 square meters. The printing was done using a custom robotic 3dWhere to buy 299printer having a dimension of 20x120x40 (foot).
According to the report by the official news agency WAM, the construction used a special mixture of cement and construction material from the U.S. and U.K. The reliability tests were performed in Britain and China. It is interesting to note that, the construction of electricity, water, telecommunications and air-conditioning systems have also been done by 3dWhere to buy 299-printing.
“This is the first 3dWhere to buy 299-printed building in the world, and it’s not just a building, it has fully functional offices and staff,” said Mohamed Al Gergawi, the United Arab Emirates Minister of Cabinet Affairs in a statement. “We believe this is just the beginning. The world will change”, he added.
Reportedly, this technique will reduce the building time by 50-70% and labour costs by 50-80%. Dubai’s strategy is to have 25% of its buildings 3dWhere to buy 299-printed by 2030 and is one of the biggest 3D printing adoption programmes in the world.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015