It is reported that German scientists have been successful in creating clouds using laser in controlled lab environment and spark rain on demand all over the skies in Germany.
The video below depicts scientists shooting light pulses of infrared laser beam into the cloud chamber filled with air and saturated with water. This is said to ionize the air and create droplets of water that condense forming miniature clouds. The technique is proposed to be implemented on a large scale to produce clouds that could trigger rain on demand across a large area or country like Germany.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015