Toto, the well known bathroom and sanitaryware maker, showcased its self-cleaning toilet at CES 2016. Priced at $9,800 (Rs. 6,53,600 approximately), it is quite expensive, but comes with a lot of features to justify its pricing. The Neorest 750H is a smart toilet that can sense your presence, control the odour around it, and best of all, won’t require cleaning for about a year. Toto has achieved this by a combination of technologies. The toilet uses Actilight technology, which makes use of UV light in tandem with a photocatalytic coating to remove visible and invisible waste. The toilet uses a special electrolysis process, and uses electrolysed water that works as a weak bleach. There are two powerful water nozzles, and the bowl itself has a very smooth surface which Toto calls CeFiONtect.
The list of features is further expanded with the likes of auto lid open/close function, with flush-on-close. There are three washing modes with oscillating and pulsing water spray for comfort washing. It comes with an adjustable heated seat and adjustable spray position. It even comes with a Multifunctional Remote Control. Toto says that it is working on a newer prototype, and is likely to have more customisable functionalities.
Here is a product video of the Neorest 750H by Toto:
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015