Canon has introduced the Readiris Corporate 15, and IRISPowerscan document processing platforms, which aimed at the enterprise segment. Readiris is a software solution that converts paper documents and images into searchable PDFs, and editable file formats. It also compresses files for easy storage. The IRISPowerscan simplifies scanning, classifying, and indexing of documents efficiently. Both solutions are equipped with Intelligent High Quality Compression (iHQC), which reduces the size of documents, while maintaining image quality and text legibility.
Read the complete press release below
Canon India Pvt Ltd, India’s No. 1 Complete Digital Imaging Company, announced the expansion of its managed document solutions portfolio with the introduction of Readiris Corporate 15, an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software and IRISPowerscan, a complete document processing platforms. Both these products from the IRIS gamut of solutions are targeted to accelerate solutions and services for business growth in the enterprise segment.
Readiris, is an advanced software solution that converts paper documents and images into searchable PDFs, and editable file formats. It also compresses the files for easy storage and space management. The Readiris Corporate 15 is a perfect solution for organizations handling large amounts of information and documents. It helps them process and share the documents efficiently within their internal workforce and network, boosting productivity.
On the other hand, IRISPowerscan is a powerful production solution from the Canon camp that simplifies scanning, classifying and indexing of documents efficiently in administration intensive sectors, including manufacturing, logistics, legal, banking & finance. Taking the evolving workplace habits into consideration, the IRISPowerscan software is equipped with features to help organizations save time, improve efficiency and optimize business processes.
These solutions are equipped with Intelligent High Quality Compression (iHQC™), a revolutionary hyper-compression technology from I.R.I.S., which dramatically reduces the size of PDF, PDF/A-1b and XPS files (color or black and white) while maintaining perfect image quality and text legibility. iHQC™ generates better quality than JPEG 2000 with much smaller files.
Mr. K. Bhaskhar, VP - Business Imaging Solutions (BIS) Division, Canon India said, “At Canon, our constant endeavor is to provide comprehensive hardware and software solutions to our customers that will help in increasing organizational productivity and work efficiency. In the age of digitization, the Readiris Corporate 15 and IRISPowerscan aim to ease business processes by creating digital information and allowing users to focus on their core growth objectives without losing time searching documents. With the addition of both the softwares into the Canon family, we now have end-to-end suite of office solutions that will help enterprises with their day-to-day document management.”
Readiris Corporate 2015
Automated document processing improves productivity, archiving and work process
· Connectivity with scanners and multi-functional devices
· Ability to monitor and automatically process batches of documents into watched folders.
· PDFs, images and paper documents can be seamlessly converted into searchable PDFs, and editable file formats.
Designed with speed and intelligence to improve efficiency in the workplace
· Ability to hyper-compress PDF files without compromising on image quality. This unique feature allows users to save substantial amounts of storage space while archiving their documents.
· Easy classification of multiple batches of documents. This reduces document processing time by splitting tasks over a multi-core workflow, ideal for users with large multi-page documents to process.
Increased mobility and efficiency allows for easy sharing of information
· Connectivity with myriad of Cloud service applications such as SharePoint, Therefore, Dropbox, Box.net, Google Drive and Evernote.
· Ease in sharing of documents at no constraints on file size or formats.
· Powerful 3D correction feature also allows users to rectify the perspective distortion of images taken at an angle, guaranteeing excellent OCR results even while on-the-go.
Seamless multi-channel capture and customizable export
· Connectivity with top scanner brands in the market, multi-function printer and cloud sharing services.
· Verification technologies to ensure the information captured on input documents is 100% reliable before it are exported.
· Powerful image adjustment tools to help users adjust, brighten, straighten and crop images
Industry-first layout identification technology to enhance workflow processes
· Automatic classification of incoming documents.
· Layout recognition technology known as IRISFingerprint – a first in the industry. IRISFingerprint is able to cleverly learn the appearance of various documents and sort these documents into pre-set categories just from its layout.
Automation of data verification minimizes human errors
· Ability to connect to the company’s existing database and use primary data matching to retrieve existing information. This reduces the time and error to input information including company names, contract numbers, signatory names, amounts or purchase order numbers.