At a press event held at Blaupunkt’s office in Mumbai, Blaupunkt, the Germany-based manufacturer known for its car audio systems, launched their newest offerings christened Blue Magic and Velocity for the Indian market.
The Velocity brand from Blaupunkt was first introduced in 1997. But with this new launch, the Velocity range is back and it uses improved digital sound technology, good quality materials and new design.
Blaupunkt is currently launching two models in the Velocity series, with additional products to follow in 2013. Velocity VX 692 and VC 652, which have been designed to fit different vehicle requirements and delivers live sound experience across a variety of music types.
Blaupunkt also presented their top of the line Blue Magic speaker series at the event. Blaupunkt claims that the Blue Magic range provides a high-end listening experience filled with optimal clarity and rich bass beats with the speakers designed with attention to details and high quality injected PP membranes.
Blaupunkt also said that the special surface structure and cone colours, together with its rubber ring to cover the magnets, and stylish 6-head screws, give the Blue Magic products a modern, premium look and feel across the entire product line. The Blue Magic speaker series is available in Co-axial, Tri-axial, Quad-axial, and component speakers.
Some features of the Blue Magic range
• 8 different models / 5 sizes (100/130/160/170/6x9”)
• Coaxial, Tri-axial, Quad-axial and Component speakers
• 3 ohms impedance
• New grill design with metal mesh
• New tweeter flange design
• Special designed Injected PP membrane
• Additional vent holes in the basket for improved voice coil heat dissipation
• Magnet covered with rubber ring
One of the major highlights of the launch event was the Blaupunkt Blue Magic active subwoofers. Housed in a good looking outer shell, the Blue Magic active subwoofer range contains a high powered-Class D amplifier, which Blaupunkt claims to be extremely efficient and properly matched-up with its subwoofers, these active subwoofers are meant to give you high power, deep bass, and great peak power handling. With less heat produced, these active subwoofers are compact in size, and provide the flexibility of installation in various car cabins. The models XLb200 and XLb 300A, comes with a Wired Gain remote control that allows you to control the Gain directly from your cockpit. Without having to wire the XLf 200 A to your car battery, you can power it up by using the EPC (Easy Power Connection) and connecting it to your 12V supply via the cigarette lighter compartment.
Some features of the Blue Magic Series include:
• Active Subwoofer enclosure with integrated Class-D Amplifier
• Amplifier output: 500 Watts RMS / 1.000 Watts Max.Power
• Matching subwoofer with high rated and peak power handling
• Automatic power-on via high level, RCA/Cinch and remote signal input
• Centered speaker position
• New grill design with metal mesh
• 6-head screws
• Enclosure with MDF construction
• Wired Remote Control (GAIN control)
• Adapter for Power/Ground/Remote cables (6-head screws)
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Pankaj Jagwani, Director, Blaupunkt, India said, “With four times more power, the velocity car audio range promises to change the sound experience in India, whereas the Blue Magic Series are meant to give you high power, deep bass, and great peak power handling. We are confident that both these products will be well received by the auto industry in India.”
You can check out the Blue Magic and Velocity range of speakers from Blaupunkt here.