Apple may launch a new product dubbed the ‘Siri Speaker’ at its WWDC event this year. 9to5Mac has got its hands on an industry report published by KGI analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, which states that the device would compete with the Amazon Echo and would go on sale in the second half of the year. The name of the device is not yet known and Kuo just calls it “Apple’s first home AI product.”
In his report, Kuo says that the device will feature “excellent” sound with seven tweeters and a subwoofer. It may also be positioned as a product more premium than the Echo with a higher price tag. Kuo doesn’t give an exact date of launch, but believes that Apple has a 50 percent chance of unveiling the device in June. The analyst also notes that the device could be as powerful as the iPhone 6/6s.
Apple recently updated iOS to allow Siri to read out messages from WhatsApp and this could be just one of the features that the new device might offer. However, Amazon has a healthy lead with its Alexa-based speakers. The company released a new product recently called the Echo Look that features a speaker, camera and LED lights. Besides taking photos or video, the device can help users look their best by letting them submit two photographs, and the device would use a combination of machine learning as well as advice from fashion specialists, to let you know what looks best on them. Google has also entered the markey with Google Home.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015