Apple's senior officials have met an inter-ministerial panel to discuss plans to start making iPhones in indiaWhere to buy 65 105 150. Apple is reportedly seeking exemptions on tax duty for import of components and other equipments, and this meeting was primarily to seek tax consessions for assembling devices in the country.
"We've been working hard to develop our operations in indiaWhere to buy 65 105 150 and are proud to deliver the best products and services in the world to our customers here. We appreciate the constructive and open dialogue we've had with government about further expanding our local operations," an Apple India spokesperson told IANS.
On Tuesday, Apple executives met Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, and according to Business Standard, the government is yet to take a call on Apple's demand. Apple seems to have already finalised Wistron as the primary manufacturer in India before adding Foxconn to expand the manufacturing capacity. Wistron has an existing assembly unit in Bengaluru for assembling products.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015