Apple is one of the innovators of the tech world and was behind a number of groundbreaking products like the Lisa, iPod and the iPhone. A new patent application suggests that Apple has set its sights on a new product, a paper bag. If you are wondering what sort of tech-wizardry Apple plans to add to a paper bag, then you’ll be sorely disappointed. The bag doesn’t come with iOS, Lightning Port, Siri, or Bluetooth. Judging by the patent that was filed in March last year, it seems like a normal white paper bag. So yeah… it seems like there won’t be a Jet Black version either.
The abstract of the patent is as follows, “A paper bag is disclosed. The paper bag may include a bag container formed of white solid bleached sulfate paper with at least 60% post-consumer content.” The patent also describes the background of paper bags saying, “Bags are often used for containing items. For example, retail bags may be used to contain items purchased at a retail store.”
However, there may be a method to Apple’s madness. The patent describes a way of reinforcing the corners of bag by using inserts in order to reduce the chances of the bag tearing. And let’s face it, no one likes it when their bag tears. Further, the Apple’s paper bag will be made with 60% recycled paper in order to make it more environmentally friendly. Even the bag handle may be made of paper so as to decrease its environmental impact. So, a stronger and more environmentally friendly paper bag is always welcome. Let’s just hope that the new bags won’t cost a bomb.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015