Amazon India, the leader in e-commerce business has started selling SIM cards of telecom operators Airtel and Vodafone on its platform. The SIM cards are available with postpaid connections and will be delivered for free by Amazon India. However, Airtel and Vodafone are charging Rs 200 and Rs 15 respectively as security deposits on the purchase of SIM cards online from Amazon India.
Vodafone is offering its SIM cards with subscription to RED Unlimited plans and buyers can choose from options like Red 499 Unlimited Postpaid Plan, Red 699 Unlimited Postpaid Plan, Red 999 Unlimited Postpaid Plan, Red 1699 Unlimited Postpaid Plan, Red 1999 Unlimited Postpaid Plan and Red 2999 Unlimited Postpaid Plan. Airtel, on the other hand, is offering its unlimited postpaid plans priced at Rs 499, Rs 799, Rs 1199 and Rs 1599. Amazon is offering a cashback of Rs 75 on purchasing these SIM cards with its Pay balance.
Amazon is promising 24 hour delivery and quick activation on the purchase of any of the above mentioned postpaid plans. Once the order is placed, Amazon notes that the operator's executive will arrive at customer's location to deliver SIM and collect documents at a convenient time. The executive will verify the customer's address and submit the application for activation of connection.
It must be noted that this is not the first time that a telecom operator has taken to e-commerce platform for the sale of SIM cards in the country. Reliance Jio, a year-old telecom service provider also announced home delivery of its SIM cards when the service went live more than a year back. Apart from Airtel and Vodafone SIM cards, Amazon India is also selling connections from operators like Aircel and Jio. It is also selling international SIM cards for countries including the USA, the UK, Europe, Hong Kong, Australia, Austria, Italy, Portugal and Belgium.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015