If you are one of those people who has no idea what to wear, then Amazon might have just the device for you. Called the Echo Look, the device is powered by Amazon’s voice service Alexa, and can help users find out which style suits them the best. The device is voice-activated and sports a camera and LED lights and can be used to take full length photos. Users can issue commands like “Alexa, take a photo” or “Alexa, take a video.” These images and videos can then be shared on social media.
Besides this, you also get a feature called Style Check, which is aimed at helping users look their best. This lets users submit two photographs, and the device would use a combination of machine learning as well as advice from fashion specialists, to let you know what looks best on you based on fit, colour, styling, and current trends. The company notes that these decisions would get smarter over time through user feedback as well as input from its team of fashion specialists. Amazon Echo Look’s product page states, “Echo Look helps you discover new brands and styles inspired by your lookbook,” hinting that the user might be shown advertisements based on the pictures that they take.
Besides this, the Echo Look also offers other Alexa-based features like offering weather updates, reading out news, setting alarms and more. The Amazon Echo Look is priced at $199.99 (approx. Rs. 12,800), but is currently only available via an invite.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015