Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Business, a new marketplace that caters to need to SMBs in the country. Amazon Business was launched in the US in April of 2015 and is also available in Germany, UK and Japan. The new marketplace comes with access to over 10 crore products and offers GST compliant invoices. Amazon Business claims to serve over one million businesses globally.
Read the complete press release below
Amazon.in announces the launch of Amazon Business (www.amazon.in/business), a new marketplace on Amazon.in to meet the procurement needs of Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) such as technology and service companies, manufacturers, universities, schools and offices.
Through Amazon.in, Business sellers registered with Amazon will provide small and medium businesses with an easy access to over 10 crore products along with GST compliant invoices. SMBs across India can also benefit from technology-led solutions built specifically for businesses, attractive pricing and a convenient shopping experience associated with Amazon.in. They can choose from a range of products including laptops, printers, network storage solutions, electronics, pantry supplies, office supplies, cleaning etc.
Amazon Business will aid in enabling the implementation of GST and tax compliance in India by providing GST compliant invoices for 10 crores+ selection available on Amazon Business. Businesses can now register with Amazon Business with their GST number and thus become entitled to input tax credit (varying between 5% -28% basis different product types). On top of this, the Amazon Business also offers business-specific features like business only pricing, and quantity discount on bulk orders.
Manas Das, Vice President – Infiniti Power Private Limited, a service provider company based out of Noida said “With Amazon Business, we can get all our technology and office supplies at our doorstep along with a GST invoice which helps avail tax credit against our purchases. The selection is vast, at good & transparent prices and covers all our needs and helps get products delivered at your convenience. We have saved on both time and money using the service and the experience so far has been great!”
Manish Tiwary, Vice President Category Management, Amazon India said, “We are very excited to launch Amazon Business in India on the Amazon.in the marketplace itself. With this launch, we now have a fully functional B2B marketplace alongside our thriving B2C marketplace to enable the same benefits for business buyers including a vast selection, value, convenience of doorstep delivery and more. Whether you are a sole proprietor, a buyer or a procurement officer in a small or mid-size company, Amazon Business offers you an easy and convenient access to over 10 crore products which are offered with GST invoices as well as important features like business prices, bulk discounts, doorstep delivery and Amazon’s A-to-Z guarantee. It’s everything you love about Amazon.in, now for Business.”
Amazon Business offers following key features to registered business customers:
- GST Compliant invoicing: GST invoices to claim GST credit (up to 28% for different products)
- Business Prices and Quantity discounts: Amazon Business offers 10 crore+ products with GST invoice and lakhs of offers with business only pricing or quantity discounts
- Free Registrations: Business owners/buyers can become a member of Amazon Business by going to Amazon.in/business and registering for a new business account. Existing Amazon.in customers can also convert their existing Amazon.in account to a business account supported by a valid GSTIN license
- Doorstep Delivery: Amazon Business India offers free shipping (on eligible purchases) to any business customer that registers for Amazon Business with reliable delivery timelines. Amazon.in/business offers the convenience of doorstep delivery with options of 2-4 business days, 4-7 business days or 5-14 business days.
- Varied Payment options: Business customers have the convenience of paying through a variety of options including Credit/Debit Card, Net banking, Cash on Delivery (COD) etc.
- A-to-z guarantee: The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed with genuine products being offered on Amazon.in/business.
- Business Credit: Amazon has tied up with leading financial institutions/banks who will provide a business credit card with an interest-free credit period of up to 45 days, to eligible business customers.
- Reporting and analytics: Customer can gain insights into what, when and how their organization is purchasing by creating custom reports on their business spends
Amazon Business has everything customers have come to expect from Amazon:
- Attractive pricing: Business customers can shop Amazon Business to find the best prices and see multiple offers from a variety of sellers. Additionally, businesses can receive discounts for eligible items when purchasing larger quantities and business only pricing.
- Vast selection: Business exclusive offers on top of Amazon’s vast selection provides access products with GST invoices.
- Convenient shopping: Customers can view multiple offers on a single product page for easy price comparisons, as well as shop from Business sellers who consistently meet the performance and service requirements that businesses expect.
- Amazon Business customer support: World-class Amazon customer service for registered business customers through telephone and email.
With this launch, Business sellers who are manufacturers, distributors or Importers, can now expand their reach to thousands of small and medium business customers by registering as a seller on Amazon Business. Existing Amazon.in sellers can upgrade their account to a business account for free at the click of a button. There are already 15000 + business sellers enrolled onto Amazon Business, who offer products with GST invoices. Features available in an Amazon Business B2B seller account are:
- Discounted Referral Fees for bulk orders: For the initial launch period, Sellers can now sell in bulk quantities and enjoy lower referral fees on select categories, compared to current fees charged by Amazon
- Business Price and Quantity Discounts targeted for business customers: Sellers can offer business pricing and bulk quantity discounts exclusively to Business customers
- Automatic & system generated GST Invoice: Sellers can now provide GST-compliant business invoices to enable business customers to claim GST credit.
- Single Selling Account: Amazon offers sellers the convenience of using a single selling account to manage their inventory and product listings for sales on Amazon.in (inclusive on Amazon.in/business)
Amazon Business was launched in the US in April of 2015 and now serves more than one million businesses customers. Amazon Business launched in Germany in December of 2016, UK in April of 2017 and Japan in September 2017 and with India being launched, Amazon Business is available across 5 countries globally.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015