Bharti Airtel, one of India’s largest telecom service providers, has announced that from Friday, July 3, it will provide pan-India Mobile Number Portability (MNP) to all its customers. Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad had announced on behalf on the Government, on June 2, that full MNP will be rolled out in the country by July.
Matching the deadline, Airtel will also be providing a number of services that will be a first in the industry. Airtel will be providing its customers with balance transfers for prepaid customers, faster processing of porting applications, carry-forward of billed or unbilled amount for postpaid customers and free incoming on roaming. The carry-forward service will allow users to transfer their pending bill amount to another state, when they port. Porting, as said by Airtel, will also be done within 24 hours. To make the porting seamless, Airtel will provide free incoming on roaming for customers until their porting application is processed.
Director of Marketing Operations, Ajay Puri, said on behalf of Airtel, “Today, not only has mobile phone become an essential part of our lives, the mobile number has equally become an indispensable identification for each one of us. With our complete readiness to launch National Mobile Number Portability, we aim to empower customers enabling them to retain this identity as they move across anywhere in the country.“
The company has come under fire frequently, in recent times, first with net neutrality, and then for inserting a code in browser pages to slow down connection speeds. By being the first company to provide MNP, Airtel may be looking to get back the faith of its customers. Number portability will help people who are shifting to a different state, but want to keep their own number. Other service providers across the country are also expected to provide pan-India MNP to their customers by this month.
Source: India Infoline
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015