Airtel’s 4G hotspot dongle is now more tempting than ever. The telco slashed the price from Rs 1,500 to Rs 999 to compete withReliance Jio’s 4G hotspot JioFi M2S device, which is also available for Rs 999. Airtel’s portable Wi-Fi device allows users to connect multiple devices, including their laptops, phones, tablets, smart TVs and the likes to a 4G network.
Airtel stated the device will be available across all leading Airtel stores in the country and soon, customers will be able to order it on Amazon India. The price cut happened three months after Jio discounted its own 4G dongle for Rs 999.
Airtel’s portable Wi-Fi hotspot requires an Airtel SIM card and needs to be recharged periodically to avail 4G data. In case a 4G network is not available, the device automatically switches to 3G. It can connect up to 10 devices at a time and has a battery life of about 6 hours.
“Airtel 4G Hotspot delivers a superior multi-device online experience, wherever the customer may be, by leveraging Airtel’s pan-India high speed data network. What’s more, it now comes at a great price with some very affordable plans that offer large bundles of data,” Ajai Puri, Bharti Airtel’s COO said in a statement.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015