Airtel is finally rolling out its 4g LTE services in Delhi. According to sources, the beta launch will be done by Airtel on June 18, after recently obtaining permission from the Telecom Department to start 4G services in Delhi. Airtel also has a tie-up with Chinese network equipment solutions company Huawei for mass rollout of the high speed data network.
Airtel has 4G connectivity services in Kolkata since 2012. Since then, it has further expanded to 18 other cities, including Bangalore, Chennai, Pune and Chandigarh. Trials for 4G services began in Mumbai last month, with Airtel offering 4G services to users at the price of 3G data plans. This step was taken to encourage more users to use 4G, thereby gathering customer feedback and improving services before the permanent launch.
Airtel was previously touted to start 4G services in Delhi by end-2013, but services have been delayed until now. Airtel has not yet provided any information on the pricing of 4G services in Delhi, although prices might be on the same lines as Kolkata and Bangalore. The cheapest Airtel 4G data plan is priced at Rs. 100 for a 300MB postpaid plan. Among other notable players in the 4G data area, Reliance Jio, the first company to hold a pan-India 4G license, is expected to launch its services by end-2015.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015