Acer has added a new member to its lineup of Revo mini-PCs at IFA 2016. Called the Revo Base, the compact device features a 1-litre chassis and is 5.3cm tall. However, it is definitely not small in power, as the Revo Base offers up to Intel Core i7 processors and 8GB of DDR3L memory. As for storage, users have the option of choosing up to 2TB HDDs or 256GB SSDs. There is also an SD card slot that lets users add up to 256GB of external storage. Acer says that the unit can be easily upgraded with larger HDDs or additional RAM. The mini PC can be connected to two displays simultaneously via HDMI and DisplayPort, while other peripherals and additional storage can be connected via the four USB 3.1 ports. Further, the device comes with Windows 10 pre-installed.
Jeff Lee, GM, Stationary Computing, IT Products Business at Acer Inc. stated, “The Revo Base is designed as a dedicated entertainment, browsing and content-serving device that addresses the performance and expandability needs of today’s consumers, while also taking into consideration the space constraints of modern living rooms.”
Acer says that the Revo Base will be available in EMEA in Q1 2017, with prices starting at €429, (approx. Rs. 32,000). However, the company notes that the exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015