Add ‘Insert’ Option To CD Drive Context Menu
Here is the step-by-step procedure:
1. Download the file cdeject.zip from https://tinyurl.com/38xklh, extract it and copy the DLL file to the %windir%\System32 folder.
2. Copy the following code into Notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
@=”CDEject Context Menu Shell Extension”
3. Save the file with any name, but the extension must be .reg.
4. Run the file; it’ll ask for permission. Grant it.
5. You’ll now get the Insert option in the CD drive context menu!
Connect To The Unofficial Digit IRC Chatroom From Within Firefox
1. Install the ChatZilla extension for firefox from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16 and restart Firefox to complete the installation.
2. Now, go to Tools > Chatzilla. A new window should open up.
3. Select “Freenode—Europe” from the available networks
4. In the new window that opens up, enter /join #digit
Enable Multiple Logins In Yahoo! Messenger
1. Open the Registry Editor by clicking on Start > Run and entering regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_ USER\Software\Yahoo\pager\Test
3. Right click on any blank space in the right column and choose New Dword Value.
4. Call it “Plural”.
5. Double-click and assign a decimal value of 1.
Now close the Registry editor and restart Yahoo! Messenger, and you’ll have multiple logins. (This does not work with version 9, though)
Configuring BSNL Modems To Forward Ports
To configure a BSNL modem to forward ports, you need to get to the router configuration page, so type 192.168.1.1 in your browser, then enter admin as both the username and password (It’s the default one, if you haven’t changed it yet).
Now go to the Advanced Settings tab and then to the Application sub-section. There, enter the settings as above.
You can change the port number according to the port you use in your BitTorrent software.
Click Apply. This will reboot your modem; the rebooting process will take about two minutes.
Settings with Type IV modem MT 841
Use the same steps as above to reach the router configuration page, then click on NAT > Enable. Go to NAT Entries, Click New... Then, enter the data as here.
Now your modem is set to forward ports.
Internet Connection In Linux Via Mobile
1. Connect the mobile via USB cable.
2. Open terminal and type su to become root.
3. You’ll be asked for the root password; type it in.
4. Issue this command:
This is when the phone will be detected as a modem. In this window, you should now be able to see the address the phone’s modem is connected on. Note it down. E.g. ‘Modem = /dev/***’
5. Then to edit this file using a text editor, enter:
6. When Text Editor opens the file, make a note of the username and password in the file and erase everything from there. Then enter the following:
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0 # <-- Enter the USB port location here
Phone = *99#
Username = xxx # <-- Enter the username here
Password = xxx # <-- Enter the password here
Baud = 230400
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 FCLASS=0
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Carrier Check = No
The modem will be configured successfully. To dial the Internet connection type, enter the following in the terminal:
If everything goes fine, it will say ‘connected successfully’.
To disconnect, press [Ctrl] [C].
Remove Security Alerts From System Tray
Go to Start > Control Panel > Security Center.
In the left pane, click the Change the way Security Center alerts me link, located right at the end of the column. In the new window that pops up, uncheck everything.
How to Use Any Gadget On Vista’s Sidebar
Here is a way to convert Google or almost any Gadget and use them on your Vista Sidebar. You can transform almost any gadget into one that can reside in the Windows Vista sidebar or your Desktop. The freeware Amnesty Generator lets you do it, without your having to know even a line of coding!
Download & install Amnesty Generator from www.amnestywidgets.com/GeneratorWin.html. Then, choose a Web gadget you’d like to turn into a Vista gadget, click a few buttons to display the gadget’s underlying HTML code. Copy and paste that code into Amnesty Generator, you can change a few settings, such as the gadget’s name or size, if you wish, and tell the software to turn it into a Windows Vista gadget. The gadget will appear in the Windows Vista Gadget Gallery. From there you can move it to the Sidebar or even your Desktop.
Hide Hard Drive Partitions
Here is a cool technique which hides entire hard disk drive partitions by a simple procedure without using Regedit:
1. Go to Start > Run and type diskpart.
A DOS window will appear with following description.
2. Then type list volume
3. Suppose you want to hide drive E:, type select volume 3. A message will now appear in the window saying “Volume 3 is the selected volume”.
4. Now type remove letter E. You may have to reboot the computer. Diskpart will remove the letter. Since Windows XP doesn’t have the capability to identify the unknown volume, it won’t display or show results from it. To access the contents of the hidden drive, repeat the process, but in the fourth step, replace remove to assign, i.e., assign letter E.
A selection of Tips and Tricks by Digit forum members (Connect)
Add ‘Insert’ Option To CD Drive Context Menu