Star Trek Beyond, Independence Day: Resurgence, Assassin's Creed, Deadpool, Ratchet & Clank, Suicide Squad, Captain America: Civil War… The list of great movies coming out in 2016 seems to be endless. For those of you who can't wait for the next year, we have a list of five upcoming sci-fi movies that you can look forward to, in 2015.
1. Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens
Hitting theatres at the very end of 2015 (December 18th, to be precise), Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is one of the most anticipated movies of the year. Director J.J. Abrams has taken it on to himself, to undo the disaster that was Episode I, II & III. If you aren’t as excited as we are, you can check out the movie trailer below, and see for yourself why we are.
2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2
The last time, we saw the Victors being successfully rescued by the people of District 13, but the Capitol had declared open war on them by bombing their home. This wasn’t going so well for Katniss either, as she was almost strangled by a brainwashed Peeta. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 will see the war being waged between the Capitol and the Districts, along with the contribution of Katniss ‘The Mockingjay’ Everdeen and other Victors to the war effort. The movie is set to hit theatres in November 2015.
3. Maze Runner: Scorch Trials
The first Maze Runner wasn’t exactly a spectacular movie, but it was a fun one-time-watch, nonetheless. In September, we will see the release of the sequel, Maze Runner: Scorch Trials. One reason why we are excited to see this movie is to see Aidan Gillen (you know, Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish) in action outside of Game of Thrones. Maze Runner: Scorch Trials is set to hit theaters on September 18th 2015.
4. The Martian
You may have hated Matt Damon's character in Interstellar, but in The Martian, he is going to teach you how to survive on Mars. Sure, the idea is far fetched, but that’s what science fiction is about, isn’t it?
Presumed dead and left behind by his crew, ON MARS! Matt Damon survives, and finds himself stranded and alone. It will be very interesting to see how survival on a foreign planet is treated in The Martian.
5. Absolutely Anything
It looks like my wildest imagination has come true, but the best way to describe Absolutely Anything is to say that a group of wisecracking aliens bless a human being with unlimited power, and watch him go ballistic with it. He can do almost anything – a lot like Bruce Almighty. What happens next are a series of really funny incidences. If you are one that enjoys movies like Back to the Future or the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (although the book was a lot better), then you can definitely look forward to Absolutely Anything. Oh, and did we mention, it stars Simon Pegg, AKA Benji, from the Mission Impossible movies? The movie may have released internationally, but is yet to hit theatres in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015