Its seems like console gamers would have to wait a bit for the PlayStation 5. The Wall Street Journal reports that the head of Sony’s PlayStation division, John Kodera told reported that the next PlayStation is at least three years away. So gamers will have to wait till at least 2021 to get their hands on the next generation of consoles.
The news comes just a few days after the same reporter quoted Kodera in a tweet, saying that the PlayStation 4Where to buy 849 8124 19787 was entering the final phase of its life cycle. He also added that recurring revenue via membership services would be able to cushion the transition to the new generation of consoles. The current PlayStation Plus subscription in India costs Rs 599 for a month, while the 12-month plan costs Rs 4,449.
In its Investor Relations Day report, the company noted that it sold 74 million units of the PlayStation 4Where to buy 849 8124 19787 by the end of March 31, 2018, By the end of the same period, the company also claimed to have over 80 million users on the PlayStation Network, while there were 34.2 million PlayStation Plus subscribers by then end of FY2017.
Sony claims to have sold 246 million games by the end of FY2017. The PlayStation 4Where to buy 849 8124 19787 was praised for offering a better selection of exclusive titles over its rival, the Xbox One, and it seems like the company is planning to use this leverage even more. The company already has a number of exclusives in its pipeline, these include a new Spider-man title, and Hideo Kojima’s next game, Death Stranding.
It should be noted that the PlayStation 4 was launched in India back in 2013, while the PlayStation 4 Pro came last year. The new console supports 4K gaming with a number of games updated to make use of the graphical power of the console. Even the Netflix app on the console was updated to allow 4K streaming. The PlayStation 4Where to buy 849 8124 19787 Pro also supports the company’s new VR headset, the PS VR. The headset offers 360 degree head tracking, high refresh rates and integration of Sony’s proprietary binaural 3D audio technology. Gamers would be able to interact with the games using the PlayStation Move Motion Controller, Dualshock Wireless Controller, and the upcoming PS VR Aim controller.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming