Online gaming in India is tipped to grow considerably by the year 2021. A report by Google India and KPMG called Online Gaming in India: 2021, predicts that the online gaming industry in India will gain momentum and grow to $1 billion by 2021, from the current $360 million. This would mark a growth rate of 20 percent. The report also notes that there has been a 117 percent spike in search for online games by Indians. It is estimated that the online gamer base of 120 million gamers in 2016, will grow to 310 million by 2021.
The report notes that gamers spend a third of their of online entertainment wallet on games. Further, 75 percent of gamers have smartphones priced less than Rs. 20,000. Hardcore gamers tend to prefer strategy games, while casual games tend to play puzzle games. The report also notes that less than half of gamers are influenced by referral and peer group.
Other Popular Deals
- Computex 2015: ASUS unveils several ROG Gaming ProductsE3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward to
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming