If you weren’t already excited about Nintendo’s new home console, the Wii U, there’s reason to get a little excited!
In an interview with a Spanish newspaper El Mundo, the creator and father of Mario, Shigeru Miyamoto accidently let slip that a Mario game is in the works for the Wii U and will be showcased at E3 2012. He'd earlier let slip news about a Wii U release for Pikmin as well.
The passage in the interview roughly translates to "[Miyamoto] anticipates that at E3Where to buy 2899, the largest exhibition of video games, held in June in Los Angeles, Nintendo will launch a new Super Mario for this platform, which will combine the TV screen with the remote."
Nintendo has responded with the following comments:
“In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Pikmin game will be shown at the E3Where to buy 2899 Expo in June. He believes that anyone who has played Pikmin games in the past will enjoy playing.”
And then later:
"In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3Where to buy 2899 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."
The fact that Nintendo would bring a Mario game to their new console was obvious. What is surprising is that the game may just be a launch title for the Wii U. The last flagship Mario game on the Wii was Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Both the games made full use of the Wii’s motion controller and were a must play for any Mario fan.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming