For the fans of the Dead Island franchise, Techland has revealed four more screenshots from the upcoming Dead Island Riptide game. Along with the screenshots, we also get introduced to one new character, John Morgan.
Morgan is described by Deep Silver, the game’s distributor, as an ex-navy seal whose career in the US Navy did not take off as he had envisioned. SO instead, he spends his time as a cook on a military ship, and is a master of hand-to-hand combat. Interesting combination of skills and back-story for a character about to be introduced to a game that’s essentially packed with mayhem and action.
Along with Morgan Deep Silver also shed light on a new city called Henderson that will be a part of the game. The city, once a lay-over for the wealthiest of travelers, has now turned into a desolate land infested with the undead and ravaged by unforgiving monsoon.
Lastly, the four screenshots. If the images are to be believed, we should have some high expectations from the game as far as visuals go. The dynamic lighting and character detailing in the screenshots look absolutely amazing, almost next-gen. However, we’re not sure whether these screenshots came from a PC or a console. Generally PC screenshots tend to be of a much higher quality, given a desktop’s increased processing power over the consoles. While the game Crysis looked incredibly stellar on the PC, its console version did leave a little more to desire. We hope that that won’t be the case with dead Island Riptide.
The game is set right after the events of the first Dead Island game, where our four protagonists have had their escape foiled by a tropical storm. Now they are trapped on the island of Panalai, where they must relive the entire Zombie apocalypse nightmare all over again, but only this time, the Zombies have been affected by an unknown mutation.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming