As the digital gaming industry grows at a fast pace in IndiaWhere to buy 656, 50 per cent young people feel that gaming makes them a strategic thinker and leads to improved cognitive abilities and skill development, a new survey revealed on Friday.
Commissioned by tech major Dell and done in 11 countries including in IndiaWhere to buy 656, nearly half (46 per cent) said gaming has given them a strong competitive drive and over a third felt "competitive" (37 per cent) after being called a gamer.
Contrary to stereotypes of a reclusive gamer, music (68 per cent), spending time with family (57 per cent) and friends (57 per cent), travelling (56 per cent) and reading-writing (40 per cent) make up the other interests of a gamer.
According to a recent KPMG report, the Indian online gaming industry will add 190 million gamers and become a $1 billion opportunity by 2021 from $290 million today.
"Similarly, with PC gaming's explosion of popularity have come many new hardware and software entrants, introducing innovation and developing an opportune industry, which has lured even more intrigued spectators into the gaming world," the Dell-commissioned study said.
Indian gamers start young with almost 75 per cent picking up a gaming device before they turn 20.
"Gaming brings couples together. In India (25 per cent) of total respondents said their wife games, which was highest than any other country surveyed," said the survey.
Nearly 30 per cent responded that gaming has had a positive effect on their relationship with people in their life because of a shared love of gaming.
"In a gaming system, (55 per cent) Indian gamers seek power and performance followed by mobility, affordability and aesthetics (35% each)," the findings showed.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming