The evolution of mobile games may soon be complete. Developer Super Bit Games has announced a multiplayer version for Armajet, a mobile-based shooting game. The beta period for the game will begin from August 18, for Android and iOS. “Armajet is an accessible, free-to-play multiplayer shooter designed for mobile that pits teams of players against each other in fast-paced jetpack combat,” says the description on the company’s website.
Armajet is a team-based multiplayer shooting game, with 2D graphics. It has players flying around in jetpacks, while they fight each other. From the video, it seems the gameplay is challenging, while the arenas look very similar to the old-school game, Contra.
Further, Super Bit’s website for the game says it’ll be playable across iOS and Android, which gives it an even larger scope. If the developers can pull it off, this would be the first real-time multiplayers game for mobile phones where people can actually play against each others. Armajet’s promise is in real-time gaming, which opens up opportunities for competitions etc. as well. So far, multiplayer mobile games have pitted players against each other, but one party has always been AI controlled.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming