The long-awaited, VR-capable Microsoft console, codenamed “Project Scorpio”, is going to be launched on June 11, at E3 2017. The information comes from Xbox’s official twitter handle, with the same picture of an Xbox-branded chip that was shared at the E3 2016 keynote. Back then, Microsoft had shared some info about the processing capabilities of the upcoming console, claiming that it would be “the most powerful console ever”.
From what we know till now, Project Scorpio will be powered by an AMD processor-GPU combo. The console is supposed to be 4.5 times faster than the original Xbox One, giving it a huge performance improvement over its predecessor. If we talk of numbers, Project Scorpio will be powered by an 8-core CPU and the GPU will have 6 teraflops of computing power with bandwidth of 320GB/s. Keeping that in mind, it is a possibility that Microsoft would employ an AMD Ryzen CPU and Vega GPU for the console.
Initial information about the AMD Ryzen processor is quite promising, and using octa-core Ryzen chips for the new console will improve gaming and streaming performance significantly. The new console will also reportedly render “high fidelity” VR. Microsoft is keeping its silence on whether it will announce a new VR headset along with the console, but the possibility remains.
Performance aside, there are rumours that Microsoft might introduce a new controller with Project Scorpio console. Even if it does, all Xbox OneWhere to buy 3075 12472 games and accessories, including controllers, will be compatible with the upcoming console, so you need not worry about completely disposing your old setup and starting afresh.
Other Popular Deals
- Computex 2015: ASUS unveils several ROG Gaming ProductsE3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward to
- Best free racing games on Android (Aug 2017)Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming