Sony had revealed not long ago that PS4Where to buy 8124 games will be playable while they are still downloading. However, much wasn't known as to how the feature works and how much content download would be required before users can begin playing the game. We can get a glimpse of how the feature works as it applies to Kill Zone: Shadow Fall.
There is a high probability of Shadow Fall being launched at the same time the PS4Where to buy 8124 is released. The game is set 30 years after KillZone 3. By downloading a digital copy of Shadow Fall users can start playing the game as soon as the first level and menu are downloaded.
"You're going to download a chunk of the game, get the menu and first level, and while you're playing the first level we can start downloading the second in the background," KillZone developer Guerrilla's technical director Michiel van der Leeuw explained in a new developer diary. "Then the third and so on."
Such a small amount of game data might come as a surprise, but also means those with faster internet connection won't have to wait too long to start playing. Once the Main menu and first level are downloaded, the second one will be cued while the first is being played and so on.
However, it is not a perfect world and those with sluggish internet connections might be stuck waiting a while after each level loads. There is also a possibility that if a slower connection is detected, a larger chunk of the game may be downloaded before it's playable, which is just speculation. There is also no word as to how this function would work for games that are not linearly based on level after other.
Developer Guerrila has unveiled the extent to which Sony's feature of playing games while they download will be utilized.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming