We all love to play games on on our mobile phones and now a report by Flurry Analytics gives us a deeper insight on world’s mobile gaming habits. According to the firm’s report, India is second in the list of the top five mobile gaming countries, behind only the United States. China, Brazil and Russia were placed third, fourth and fifth respectively. All five of these countries make up 50 % of all gaming sessions globally. Further, the report revealed that while the US may account for 20 percent of all gaming sessions, 13 percent of all app sessions in the country were games. By comparison, 15 percent of all app sessions in India were games.
Further, the report notes that while mobile gaming sessions have declined by 10 percent year-over-year, some categories have gained traction. Card and casino app sessions grew by 22 percent since 2014 and now accounts for 15 percent of all gaming sessions. However, arcade, casual and brain games, which were driving 55 percent of all gaming sessions three years ago have seen a big decline. Arcade games, which accounted for 24 percent of all gaming sessions in 2014, saw a decrease by 34 percent, while casual games decreased by 50 percent.
Flurry Analytics’ report also revealed that the size of the mobile device factors into gaming sessions. It notes that when users are playing on the go, they usually use a medium-sized phone or phablet. However, if they are purposely dedicating time to mobile gaming, users generally prefer to use their full size tablet. Flurry Analytics expects new technologies like Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality to enhance in-app experience as a whole.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming