Nintendo has quite the head turner with its new modular gaming console. Initial sales for the console haven’t been particularly ground-breaking, but Nintendo has been on the receiving end of many accolades. Adding to them now is Youtuber UnlockRiver, with a pretty insane drop test. The Youtuber tied the Nintendo Switch to a drone, which then took the drone 1000 feet up in the air before dropping it. You know, just in case you wanted to know what would happen to your Nintendo Switch if you dropped it from such a high building.
We know of few gadgets that can survive that kind of a drop, but it seems the Nintendo Switch will be amongst these few. Well, sort of. UnlockRiver rates the modular console 9.0 for durability. The display of the Nintendo Switch doesn’t seem to have cracked after the drop and it was still turning on. One of the controllers, though, was pretty much destroyed, while there were big enough scuffs on the device’s body as well.
Bottomline, the Nintendo Switch is quite durable, but you still wouldn’t want to drop it from such heights, as is true for any gadget. However, this should mean that the Switch will manage simpler drops quite easily, perhaps even some difficult ones.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming