ASUS announced that they will be launching a new Gaming monitor in 2017 with a refresh rate of 240Hz and feature Nvidia's G-Sync technology. The new monitor will also feature their "ultra-low blue light" and "flicker-free" technology to help protect eye when using the computer for extended period of time while also ensuring a comfortable viewing experience. The company is also expecting world-wide monitor shipments to grow by 5-10% in the upcoming year.
Read the complete press release below
ASUS, the leading manufacturer of motherboards and computer peripherals announced, they are currently leading vendors in the gaming monitor market in an official statement. Currently ASUS lead the market share in 2016 with a 35% share followed by its competitors. Speaking to DigiTimes, Mr. Vincent Chiou, Associate President of Asustek Computer Monitor Business Unit, “Gaming monitors shipments are expected to increase 100% in 2017. ASUS enjoy a healthy year on year growth globally including its top three vendors, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).”
For Asia Pacific, Gaming monitors with a refresh rate of 144Hzand above monitor grew 119% from 2015 to 2016. In South Asia, Gaming monitors grew by 51%. ASUS’s flagship gaming brand ‘ROG’ or commonly known as ‘Republic of Gamers’ Monitors grew by 105%. In India, for ESL’s pioneer E-sports event, ASUS gaming monitors used during through the course of the event. ASUS currently have two exclusive ROG stores and one store due to launch in India and opened over 200 stores across India selling ROG monitors. Mr. Chiou expects the gaming monitor market in 2017 to have new features larger size, higher-resolution, curve panel, and increased refresh rate that will help increase gaming monitor demand in 2017. Stepping up to competition aggressively, ASUS also have a strong focus in the enterprise sector as enterprise monitors was rising and overall monitor shipments were set to grow by between 5 -10% percent next year, added Mr. Chiou.
The upcoming year, 2017, ASUS will launch a gaming monitor with a 240Hz refresh rate that features NVIDIA’s G-Sync technology. The monitor will also feature ASUS’s ultra-low blue light and flicker-free technologies.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming