For over a decade these games have been considered benchmarks for RTS. Everything that came after tried to outdo what these two games have done for a whole generation of gamers. Even to this day the Digit Test Centre echoes with the battle cries of fallen orcs and battle taunts like "All Hail, King of the losers" but not everyone tolerates the other. One such day, two semi-semi-se... pro gamers felt it was high time to settle this decade long debate in a completely different fashion. Vote for the winner at the end.
|Age of Empires 2||WarCraft 3|
|Mithun "Barbarian_Monkey" Mohandas||Siddharth "staticsid" Parwatay|
|Ladies & gents, for RTS games we're gonna rhyme,|
I'mma having to go first ‘cause my opponent be lacking spine.
|What our AOE kiddie here calls rhymes,|
Sure, if you account for his brain's dyslexic confines.
|Warcraft3 is nothing, nada, far from being equal,|
AOE2 was so popular that it even got a sequel.
|I say to him, in all due honesty,|
“Dude AOE’s at best a blip in gaming history”.
|Warcraft3 lacks depth, ain't worth a homeless bum's scrota,|
The only good that ever came out of it was Dota.
|Mass manufacturing units is how n00bs like you play,|
Learn better micro, peon before you enter this fray.
|With 23 civs, 26 units and 73 techs to research,|
You wanna talk steep learning curve, b1atch?
|Ok that was a cheap shot and vice versa,|
but the only thing worthwhile in AOE was bigbertha.
|In WC3, there is only one way to win, what a bore,|
AOE2’s got Regicide, KOTH, Wonders and more.
|Mile long tech trees do little to impress me,|
understanding your hero is the road to victory.
|With 10’s of millions copies sold, that’s a legacy,|
What’d you know of that other than jealousy?
|Agreed, WC3 has fewer types of units,|
but each has its skill, and you need to tune it.
|AOE2 gets updates to this day and it’s on Steam,|
And now it’s in HD are you sure you’re on the right team?
|Research is good, but what of levelling up for growth?|
Choose to be thick, but know that Warcraft has both!
|This is a game that’s fun whether you be online or solo,|
Ain’t for the generation that busts their b**ls with yolo.
|It’s this that makes each unit more precious,|
Every dead grunt makes your enemy more vicious.
|This series of games total up to eleven,|
from where I stand, dawg you be far from half way to even.
|Don’t talk about spinoffs, b3**h we got WoW,|
Warcraft’s the shiz maan, then, and even now.
|C’mon, accept it that it be pity on your side,|
Join the AOE clan, you’re in for a ride.
|Argue as you may ‘til your teeth whittle to bone,|
But in the end, you bow down to the frozen throne.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBest free racing games on Android (December 2017)
- Building a gaming PC tower under Rs. 50,000 with Intel...Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming