2017 is fast coming to an end and as this very interesting year in video consumption comes to a close, YouTube has revealed the biggest trends, videos and memes on its platform. These include everything from children interrupting a BBC Interview, to the first video ever to reach a whopping 4 Billion views - Despacito.
Of course, Ed Sheeran’s Shape of You was the second biggest anthem of the year with 2.8 billion views, while Fidget Spinners got 8 million people flocking to YouTube in 2017, with 900,000 videos of the popular toys uploaded this year and views peaking at 100 million per day!
We are a strange bunch of people, us humans, and YouTube's biggest video trends for 2017 surely reveals our collective curiosity for all things odd.
So before we laurel the top videos for 2017, take a look at the official YouTube Rewind 2017 mashup.
Top 10 Videos on YouTube In 2017
YouTube’s Top Ten Videos for 2017 are based on time spent watching, sharing, commenting, liking and more. Check out the list and click on the links to watch the videos.
Top 10 Video Trends on YouTube For 2017 (Not in any order)
1) Despacito - 4.4 billion views
2) Ed Sheeran – Shape of You [Official Video] - 2.8 Billion Views
3) Children Interrupt BBC News Interview - 25 Million Views
4) SLIME! - 17 Billion related views
5) Fidget Spinners - 8 Billion related views
6) The Mask Singer - 3 Billion views
7) The Floor is Lava Challenge - 1.4 Billion related views
8) I'm The one - DJKhaledVEVO - 867 Million views
9) US Solar Eclipse - 186 Million views
10) 1000 Degree Knife Cuts Everything - 644 Million views
Top 10 Music Videos on YouTube For 2017