Autonomous vehicle tests are fully underway, and the likes of USA and South Korea are coming up with model cities for companies to host tests in. Now, the latest video shows the ease and precision with which a heavily equipped Ford Fusion autonomously maneuvers around Mcity, a model city made by University of Michigan to test self driving cars.
The Fusion in question will ultimately be aimed for Level 4 SAE autonomy. The very first commercial rollouts for Level 4 autonomous vehicles is being aimed for 2021, and the technology should reach consumer vehicles in production by 2025. Most companies are now testing precision of independent systems like pedestrian detection, redesigning lidars, synchronising deep learning algorithms and putting everything into test vehicles to roam the test cities. Setups like Mcity are crucial for development as they provide a controlled setup of real cities with tight turns, pedestrians, multiple lanes and other elements without having the headache of fatal consequences with laboratory products.
Check out the entire video here below:
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014