The 2018 Volvo XC40 SUV is now up for pre-bookings, and sales will commence from July 4. This is Volvo's first entry into the compact luxury SUV segment, and the new XC40 will rival the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLA once it launches in the country. We drove it a few days back and hailed it for its impressive technology package, a comprehensive set of features, solid powertrain and a nice overall package. Now, bookings for its first 200 units are open at pre-booking price of Rs. 5,00,000.
The 2018 Volvo XC40 SUV is powered by a 2-litre D4 diesel engine that produces 190bhp and 400Nm torque. This is mated with an all-wheel-drive setup and an 8-speed automatic gearbox. Unlike the Volvo XC60 midsize luxury SUV, the XC40 gets only spring suspension with non-adaptive dampers. Inside, the upholstery is a combination of leather, soft-touch plastics and a new faux wool material on the door panels and the floor carpet, to lend a touch of added luxury. The XC40 also houses Volvo's 9-inch Sensus infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and is the first car in its segment to get semi-autonomous driving aids like lane-keeping assistance, adaptive cruise control, handsfree parking and driver attention alert.
The XC40 will also be offered in only the range-topping R-Design variant, keeping Volvo's one-car one-variant philosophy intact in India. The XC40 has already won the European Car of the Year award, and has raked up a large number of preorders in international markets. In India, the company will be hoping to do the same.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014