The USA variant of the 2018 Honda Jazz, known as Honda Fit in North America, has been updated with a host of new safety technology. The upgrade gives the car semi-autonomous capabilities, with the new Honda Sensing safety packaging including Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Mitigation Braking System (or automated accident detection and braking), and Lane Keeping Warning with lane departure and road departure warnings, alongside retaining the blind spot detection that it previously came with.
All of these features fall under level two of autonomous driving standards, which are advanced driver assistance systems that use cameras and radar-based proximity sensors to gauge surroundings and assist drivers in making difficult maneuvers. Systems like the Honda Sensing are being increasingly adopted by car makers into mainstream offerings, as they provide enhanced safety propositions and make long drives easier for the driver. The cameras used here in the Honda Fit will show multiple views including a wider view of the side lane to make safer turns and aid parking as well.
In India, the Honda Jazz may get some of these new updates by late 2018, or early 2019. While the likes of lane detection technology will possibly miss out in the Indian variant of the 2018 Honda Fit, the car will possibly get automated braking, blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control for easy highway driving. The Honda Jazz is sold as a premium hatchback in India, and is one of the leading hatchback propositions alongside the Hyundai Elite i20 and Volkswagen Polo.
The new Honda Jazz will also bring a sportier facelifted trim with it, featuring streamlined aerodynamics, black-finished alloys, three-strake diffuser, a full-width character line and a chrome exhaust finisher. With the new facelift, the most significant upgrade here is the advanced safety package - an indication of how commonplace cars will soon get smarter, semi-autonomous features.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014